COSVAM's three strategic poriorities were established at the 1998 Summit Conference, hosted by Aston Martin Lagonda at their corporate headquarters in Bloxham, England.
- International Harmonization for automotive safety and emissions standards.
- Flexibility for small volume manufacturers for advanced airbags and Tier 2/LEV II emissions.
- COSVAM "Educational Process" on Capitol Hill for key strategists of both houses on the small volume automobile industry.
Delegates to COSVAM'S 1998 Summit Conference represented the following SVM companies:
- Aston Martin Lagonda Limited
- Coventry Prototype Panels
- De Tomaso
- Isis Automotive
- Morgan Motor Company